Congregation of St Mary's (St-Mary-Le-Savoy) with St George's
The parish of St Marien – founded in 1694 – is the second oldest German parish in the UK. In the 1990s, St Marien merged with the parish of St George and the care of the German Lutheran St George's church was passed to the Historic Chapels Trust. Over the centuries, the community was at home in various church buildings.
Today the church of St Marien mit St Georg is close to St Pancras and Kings Cross. It is located in the basement of the International Lutheran Student Centre, in an attractively designed worship room.
An extensive renovation was carried out in 2021 and our church is now being established as a Lutheran Hub, hosting the Student Chaplaincy of the Lutheran Council as well as other groups, communities and conferences.
Our church services are being accompanied on the organ by the internationally renowned concert organist Richard Brasier.
Richard is also a great supporter of the historic Walcker-Organ at
Further information about St. Georges Church can be found here. (National Churches Trust)
Church Service (church services)
At St Mary's Church a service including the celebration of the holy communion is usually taking place on every 2nd Sunday of each month.
In 2023 we are also planning 2 family events, details of which will be published in due course.
Every fourth Thursday of the month we celebrate Taizé Worship together with the Lutheran Council Student Chaplaincy.
There are currently no services taking place at St. Georges Church, however there are regular interesting events, talks and concerts on offer. Details can be found HERE.
Contact Congregation St Mary's with St Georges
55 Alie Street
London E1 8EB
St. Mary's with St. Georges
German Lutheran Church
10 Sandwich Street
London WC1H 9PL
Contact and Information:
Pastor Silke Halfmann
Tel: +44 20 7794 4173